Call to artists 2018
The Gallery Committee at La Fab is accepting submissions for their 2018 Exhibition Calendar. Submissions must be received by November 26, 2017.
La Fab, an artist run co-op, is located in Chelsea, Québec, and operates thanks to the work of dedicated volunteers. Every year we offer 6 to 8 exhibition slots (usually 24 days in length) to artists working in all media and from all over Canada. We are looking for a wide variety of voices and forms of expression. Solo, duo or group shows are all welcome. The committee looks forward to seeing your proposal.
- The artist must be or become a member of La Fab ($50 for the year).
- The artist also accepts to give 25% commission on all sales that will occur at la Fab during the time of the show.
- Please note that the Gallery is open Fridays, Saturdays, and Sundays from February to December with extended hours in the summer. Artists selected to exhibit at La Fab are encouraged to be present in the gallery during their exhibition as much as possible to answer questions and connect with the public.
A complete submission package must include the following:
1. Application Form
Submit one (1) copy of a completed Application Form.
2. Exhibition Proposal Statement
Submit five (5) copies of an Exhibition Proposal Statement.
3. Current CV and artist's statement (short versions, max one page for each document).
Submit five (5) copies of a current résumé and an artist's statement. If multiple artists are involved, include each artist’s résumé and statement, and indicate one contact person.
4. Image list
Submit five (5) copies of a complete image list with title, year of creation, medium and dimensions in centimetres.
5. Samples of your Work
Submit a USB Key with a maximum of 10 images representing recent works in support of your exhibition project, in accordance with the technical specification provided below. A maximum of 10 images is also required for duo and group exhibitions.
Digital Images must be of a minimum 1240 pixels (length or width) with the following information underneath each image: Title, year of creation, medium and dimensions in centimeters.
Note: Samples of your work must be submitted on a USB key, while all written materials must be submitted on 8 ½” x 11” paper format. Incomplete applications and PowerPoint presentations will be rejected.
Deadline for submissions
Submissions must be received by hand or postmarked on or before Sunday November 26th, 2017. Late submissions will not be reviewed. Applicants will be notified of the jury’s decisions by December 19, 2017. If you would like your materials returned, please include a prepaid and pre-addressed envelope.
Mail or deliver submissions to:
Call to Artists 2017
La Fab Arts Centre
1-212, Old Chelsea Road
Chelsea, Québec J9B 1J3
For more information / inquiries, write to: firstname.lastname@example.org