On May 5, 2018, La Fab published a message entitled Call to Artists and the New Operational Model 2018-2019. This document is accompanied by Frequently Asked Questions. Please refer to these two documents to learn more about the new terms of membership.
Print, complete and return:
- By mail: 1-212, Old Chelsea Road, Chelsea, Quebec
- By email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- In person: Come visit our lovely boutique and complete the form on-site!
By becoming a member of La Fab Arts Centre, you choose to be part of a wonderful co-operative whose mission is to support and promote the artistic and cultural community in Chelsea and its surroundings.
Whether you’re a painter, sculptor, potter, musician, jeweler, weaver or writer, here at La Fab you’ll enjoy a meeting place where you can create, exhibit and share with other artists and art lovers. You will also have access to a beautiful heritage building which houses an art gallery, boutique, plus artists’ studios and other spaces which can be rented for exhibits, launches, concerts, conferences, art classes, learning workshops, and other events.
CATEGORIES OF MEMBERS
All new members must buy three social shares at a total cost of $ 30 to become life members of the Co-operative of solidarity La Fab.
To these membership fees are added annual fees.
- Annual fee of $ 100
- 10% commission on sales in the boutique and the gallery
- Contribution of 12 hours of work per month (8 in shop and 4 in a committee)
- Annual dues fee of $ 50
- 40% commission on sales in the boutique and 25% on sales in the gallery
- No contribution in time required
Your La Fab membership will allow you to:
- vote at the annual general meeting (AGM);
- receive our newsletter, calls for submissions, invitations and various communiqués (openings, seminars, conferences, workshops, launches, publications, projects, etc.);
- rent one of our onsite artist's studios;
- rent space for various events;
- take part in the members' group exhibitions held in the summer and at Christmas;
- submit your artwork to the jury for the solo exhibitions taking place in our onsite gallery;
- submit your artwork to the jury for the possibility to sell it in our onsite boutique;
- take advantage of a 10% discount for any purchase in our boutique;
- take part in the various activities (workshops, training sessions, social gatherings) organized for members;
- support the viability and development of La Fab Arts Centre.